Sheila Hulsthoff | Gestalttherapist and Coach
1066 SZ Amsterdam
|Send a message|
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
I am Sheila Hulsthoff, Gestalt therapist an Coach in Amsterdam.
I have been together with my partner since 1984 and we are parents of two adult children. Combining work with running a household together, raising children and also making time for our personal hobbies and friends is not easy. By trial and error, and in particular by continuing to communicate, we have a great life together.
I was one year old when I came to the Netherlands with my parents in 1958. Indonesia and biculturality have played a major role in my life. It was not always easy to grow up as an Indonesian girl in a predominantly white environment. I learned that being ‘different’ can evoke both positive and negative reactions. Growing up, I gradually learned how to better deal with the bias and judgement I was confronted with.
As a therapist, I aim to support people who have trouble being themselves. People who experience pressure from their environment as a burden when trying to live their own authentic life. My key life lesson is that I don’t have to ‘do it alone’.
I learned so much from family, teachers, coaches, therapists, trainers and mostly from friends. My life has been enriched and my world has expanded because others were willing to share their world with me.
As a coach and confidential counsellor for the municipality of Amsterdam I have a lot of practical experience in working in a large organisation with a hierarchical administrative structure.I have been working for the City of Amsterdam as a youth policy advisor since 1999 and a confidential counsellor
In this administrative environment with almost 13,000 colleagues, I have personally experienced that it can be difficult to maintain your job satisfaction.
High work pressure, inexperienced managers, an endless series of reorganisations and relocations/renovations of my work environment are a continuous challenge to feeling happy when going to work. Additionally, every four years after the municipal elections, the political colour and direction of my policy assignment Youth changes. Nevertheless, I still enjoy going to work after 20 years.
In addition to my substantive work as a policy advisor, I get a lot of satisfaction and pleasure from coaching and supervising colleagues as a mentor, trainer and confidential counsellor.
My practice has a central location in Amsterdam Nieuw-West, between Slotervaart and Badhoevedorp.
Would you like to know more or make an appointment, feel free to contact me.
Qualifications and registrations
I completed my training at Dutch Gestalt Foundation, Training Institute for Gestalt Therapy. In 2015, I was accredited by NVAGT, the Sector Board for Gestalt Therapists.
Since 2010 I have been a confidential counsellor for the municipal authorities of Amsterdam.
In the Netherlands, Gestalt therapy has been eligible for full or partial reimbursement by most healthcare insurers for clients of NVAGT accredited therapists.
My education and training
· 2018 Supervision Group Therapy Guus Klaren
· 2017 Working with Diversity (Marten Bos)
· 2016 Intervision and Supervision
· 2015 Basic Psychosocial Science SHO Con Amore
· 2014 Systems thinking for Gestalt therapists, Institute for Communication (IVC)
· 2013 Emotional Focus Therapy (EFT) Netherlands Foundation
· 2013 Working with Couples, Training by Suzanne Haest and Michiel van den Heuvel, NSG
· 2013 Family Sculptures, Gestalt configurations, Training by Marten Bos, NSG
· 2012 Basic training Confidential Counsellor, municipal authorities Amsterdam, KPMG
· 2012 Group Dynamics Training session, by Jan Standaert, Institute for Communication (IVC)
· 2011 Development Psychology, Psychopathology and DSM-IV, Training by Paul van der Zee, NSG
· 2008-2012 Gestalt therapist training, Dutch Gestalt Foundation (NSG)
Please find more information about Gestalt therapy from:
NVAGT = Dutch Flemish Association for Gestalt therapy and Gestalt theory
EAGT = European Association for Gestalt Therapy
EAP = European Association for Psychotherapy
AGB codes: 90061216 and 90101709
Individual therapy could be suitable for you if:
- You can’t deal with it on your own anymore.
- You are angry and you don't want to be.
- You do things you don't really want to do.
- You feel lonely and others don't see that.
- You don't manage to make contact.
- You feel listless, tired and you take no initiative.
- You have trouble getting back on your feet after an impactful event.
- You want a more fun, meaningful and independent life.
Most clients get more insight into their problems after five sessions. Subsequently, the number of sessions that lead to change is vastly different for each individual. That is very personal.
Relationship therapy could be suitable for you if:
- You are unable to solve the issues together.
- You keep arguing about everything and nothing.
- When your kids are affected by your fights.
- You feel lonely in your relationship.
- You or your partner have been unfaithful, but you want to stay together.
- You miss contact, but you don't know where to start.
I give couples therapy together with a colleague. This considerably reduces the risk of one of the partners experiencing bias or partiality.
The presence of both a male and female relationship therapist also helps to identify and clarify male and female positions and patterns. We can also act as a mirror and visualise the communication patterns that play a role.
Most couples get more insight into their problems after five sessions. Subsequently, the number of sessions that lead to change is vastly different for each couple. That is very personal.
Coaching could be suitable for you if:
You don’t live up to your potential at work.
You experience pressure or stress and find it difficult to deal with.
You want to be more assertive, more outspoken at work.
You find it difficult to reach out to colleagues.
You are bullied or ignored, and you want to do something about it.
In this case too, most clients get more insight into their problems after five sessions. Subsequently, the number of sessions that lead to change is vastly different for each individual. That is very personal.
- ✓ Coaching
- ✓ Counselling
- ✓ English speaking therapy
- ✓ Gestalttherapie
- ✓ Gezinstherapie
- ✓ Life Coaching
- ✓ Loopbaancoaching
- ✓ Personal coaching
- ✓ Psychotherapie
- ✓ Relatietherapie
- ✓ Rouwbegeleiding
- ✓ Stress therapie
- ✓ Werkgerelateerde therapie
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ ADHD
- ✓ Assertiever worden
- ✓ Autisme
- ✓ Beroepskeuze
- ✓ Bindingsangst
- ✓ Boosheid
- ✓ Burnout
- ✓ Communicatieproblemen
- ✓ Concentratieproblemen
- ✓ Depressieve gevoelens
- ✓ Echtscheiding
- ✓ Eenzaamheid
- ✓ Gedragsproblemen
- ✓ Jaloezie
- ✓ Laag zelfbeeld
- ✓ Liefdesverdriet
- ✓ Loopbaanbegeleiding
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Problemen met sociaal contact
- ✓ Negatief zelfbeeld
- ✓ Niet lekker in je vel zitten
- ✓ Ongewenste kinderloosheid
- ✓ Onrust
- ✓ Onzekerheid
- ✓ Opvoedingsproblemen
- ✓ Ouder worden
- ✓ Overspannen
- ✓ Paniekaanval
- ✓ Perfectionisme
- ✓ Persoonlijke ontwikkeling
- ✓ Piekeren
- ✓ Relatieproblemen
- ✓ Rouwverwerking
- ✓ Samengestelde gezinnen
- ✓ Sociale angst
- ✓ Stemmingswisselingen
- ✓ Stress en spanning
- ✓ Studieproblemen
- ✓ Traumaverwerking
- ✓ Verminderde passie
- ✓ Zingeving
Free of charge: 30-minute introduction session.
Individual therapy: € 75.00 ex VAT for a one-hour session.
€ 90.00 ex VAT per person for a 90-minute intake session.
€ 75.00 ex VAT per person for one-hour follow-up session.
Coaching: € 75.00 ex VAT for one-hour sessions.
Group Coaching: € 90.00 ex VAT per person for a 90-minute session.
Gestalt therapy is reimbursed by most healthcare insurers in supplementary policies for alternative medicine.
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||10.00 - 21.00|
|Tuesday||18.00 - 21.00|
|Wednesday||18.00 - 21.00|
|Thursday||18.00 - 21.00|
|Friday||10.00 - 21.00|
|Saturday||10.00 - 12.00|
|Sunday||10.00 - 12.00|
Reviews Therapist AmsterdamBelow you will find reviews about Therapist Amsterdam - Sheila Hulsthoff
Based on 1 reviews
- ✓ 300+ therapeuten
- ✓ Snel een afspraak
- ✓ Ook online therapie
| Disclaimer | Privacy verklaring | Reviews | Login | Aansluiten